- “A preliminary investigation of the distribution of koalas and their potential habitat in the Tweed Shire, and implications for management” by Judy Faulks I can no longer find this article/ reference to it on the internet, but you may have more luck by looking for it. I originally found it at – Australian Zoologist, June 1991 Vol. 27(1 & 2). ##You may find it here at the Royal Zoological Society of NSW in the Journals. Alternatively, try this google search : australian zoologist June 1991 Vol. 27(1 & 2)
- Draft National Koala Conservation and Management Strategy 2009-2014 – submissions close COB 5th August 2009
- Koalas at Qld Environment & Resource Management –
- Ipswich Koala Protection Society – (IKPS) – wild life rescue, image gallery, how you can help Koalas of the Ipswich Region, and LINKS
- Koala Action Group – newsletter and main Koala Action Group website – for the Redlands and coastal Koala areas in SE QLD – Koala Action Group EVENTS CALENDAR
- Save Our Waterways : Wildlife Wonders
- Animal Law Centre :- nice animal advocacy site – giving an overview of Animal Law in Australia – references and links to Australian and State legislation. Includes animal law and the Australian Constitution, enforcements and threatened species laws in Australian States
- Google Image Result for http___www.daff.gov.au___data_assets_image_0010_49879_fig4.4.16.gif
- Koala plan – EPA-QPWS – this page has been moved, it is now HERE : at the Department of Environment and Resource Management but you may find more information on the Environment SEARCH for KOALA at bluecray or , why not search for the Koala at the QLD Department of Environment and Resource Management website Search Engine!
- Logan & Albert Conservation Association
- Advocacy for Animals at Encyclopaedia Britannica and Kangaroo Culling .
- Wildife – Native Australian Wildlife Advocacy at (We) can do better .
- Species Profile and Threats Database : – SPRAT – Australian species and ecological communities listed under Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999. species /community descriptions, population and distribution, habitat, movements, feeding, reproduction and taxonomic comments are included by searching this page.
- What Scat is that? – nature feature article at ABC , showing some Australian marsupial scat images, and explaining why recognising native fauna scat can help us understand how and where our Australian marsupials live.
- Australian Fauna Scat:- “Tracks, Scats and Other Traces A Field guide to Australian Mammals” – book by Barbara Triggs ( ISBN: 9780195550993)
- “Public Enemies” at ABC Landline October 2009. A story by reporter Tim Lee about the spread of RABBITS across Australia and the current issues facing Rabbit Population management today.
- Bats – Flying Foxes – information about Flying Foxes at Wildcare Australia:- includes info on some SE Qld species, what they may eat, and the threats that they face.
- Coast to Coast Animal friends on Facebook :- why not connect and help the network? Supporters and Queensland co- ordinators for Animals Australia .
Insects and Spiders
- Field Guide To Dragonflies of South-East Queensland
- Australian Insects
- Quick Field Guide of Dragonflies in Brisbane
- The Find a spider Guide – Southern Queensland SPIDER GUIDE
- Brisbane Insects and Spiders
- spiders.com.au – to help with Spider ID of Australian Spiders, and information on their toxicity.
- Review Article – The demistification of the toxicity of spiders – Ed Nieuwenhuys
- Life Unseen – Bees Wasps & Sawflies – Nick Monaghan’s Australian Insect photography
- Insects and spiders – photos at steadyhands.com (including bee photos)
- CSIRO Entomology
- Australian National Insect Collection CSIRO
- Save our Waterways – INSECTS
- The Life and Works of Dr Trevor J Hawkswood : calodema.com and 1990’s Butterfly list compiled/unpublished checklist inc. Mt Warning Butterfly Study in: Calodema vol 6 2006
- Bees, Honey and all things Yummie – bluecray.org article
Wildlife Rescue and Advocacy
- Wildcare Australia -Native Animal Emergencies Hotline SE QLD
- Legislation Links for Wildlife Carers & Rehabilitators (Wildcare Australia Carer Resources)
- New South Wales Wildlife Information Rescue & Education Service (WIRES)
- WIRES – Northern Rivers NWS, Australia -includes Emergency Hoteline
- Tweed Valley Wildlife Carers – Wildlife Information and HOTLINE
- RSPCA – Animal Advocacy, Education, Campaigns – Resources for caring for Animals
- Friends of the Koala, Northern Rivers, New South Wales, Australia
- New South Wales Wildlife Council
- Injuries in Wildlife : treatments, care, causes – always seek advice, or take the injured/sick animal to a vet or qualified carer. Keep injured and sick animals away from people, other animals, and in the quietest area you can. Stress can be a big factor in survival rate for a sick animal, so stay calm, and try not to bother the animal while you wait to take it to the vet or carer, unless there is some urgent treatment that needs to be done.
- Wildlife Preservation Society of Australia – Schools Projects
- Wildlife on Farms – How to Conserve Native Animals in the Australian Landscape when you are a farmer.
- Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales : LINKS and PUBLICATIONS
- activism for Australian Kangaroo SURVIVAL at http://www.stopkangarookilling.org/ : information about Kangaroos
- beautiful WILDLIFE artwork and photography by Steve Morrell Nature Artist
- 2008 Year of the Frog & the Mt Warning Caldera Region – bluecray.org article
Rufous Bettong links:
at Bluecray blog Balance of Faeries
at Bluecray blog Journey for Wisdom in the Land
bluecray.org story : Rufous Bettong
- Australian Freshwater Crayfish Project
- Freshwater Ecoregions of the World – 807 Eastern Coastal Australia
- Crayfish – Australian Museum on line Factsheet – this link is now no good, but try the Australian Museum HERE and search
- Crayfish of Australia
- Crayfish of Queensland
- Crayfish Taxon Browser – Browse by Continent or Species
- photography-on-the-net.com – Lamington Spiny Crayfish by Greg Carlill(2008)
- Flickr : Mountain Cray by Mark Jekabsons, taken at Terania Creek, NE NSW, Australia
- Flickr : Blue Crayfish by Sandy Carroll, taken at Lamington National Park, SE QLD, Australia
- Flickr : Lamington Spiny Crayfish by Williscreek, taken at Lamington National Park
- AROD – AROD.com.au – a valuable resource online reptile information, data, descritpions – Australian Reptile Data Base run primarily by Stewart Macdonald. this site is an exceptionally worthy site. You may consider donating to help Stewart’s valuable work!! You will find conservation status, maps, descriptions of snakes and other reptiles HERE.
- Identify snakes – Qld Wildlife Solutions – Geoff Jacobs – snakecatcher.com
- SNAKES – Photos and ID information at What Snake is That .
- Snake ID at wildlifeqld.com.au – photos, ID, info for many common snakes in SE Qld, Australia. This site also has a LIZARDS page
- Identifying Snakes at Queensland Museum – DANGEROUS Land Snakes – Queensland, Australia
- Aussie Pythons and Snakes – Forum, Photos, Galleries – ID help and Pet Snakes info
- snakes SEARCH results at Bluecray Environmental Advocacy Search Engines
- Snakes, Lizards, Frogs – Evan Pickett’s photos at Flickr
- Bird Links at bluecray
Wildlife Sanctuary Links