- 1 Australia was once a vast group of individual and inter-related Nations of Land and Water Custodians. The Australian Aboriginal People managed the Forestry and Vegetation Resources of Australia so well, that when the Europeans arrived and began to remove timber trees for their agriculture, buildings, towns, industries, transport and possessions, there was much timber (and many varieties ) that could be harvested.
- 2 Carbon Farming Initiative : CFI Administrator (Australian Government)
- 3 Global Agroforestry and Farm Forestry Links
- 4 Australian Agroforesty and Farm Forestry Links
Unfortunately, this recent (past 200 years or so) harvesting of timber trees created massive biodiversity loss, land degradation, catchment salination and many other complex environmental problems (eg local and global weather patterns, environmental stresses, and pollution)
Agroforestry today, if managed according to the vaste knowledge that Australian Natural Resource Managers now know, can be a fantastic opportunity to fix many of the above problems, as well as maintaining a biodiverse, healthy, sustainable Industry for the Nation as a whole.
Australian Carbon Pollution can be largely moderated by the inclusion of Australia Wide Farm Forestry at a Regional level. Biodiversity can be increased within Regional Farm Forestry Implementation by careful land stewardship, vision, networking and research.
Biodiversity, Bioenergy, Biofuels and Wisdom : a story of the “War on Biodiversity” in the Mt Warning Caldera Region, NE NSW and SE QLD, Australia.
CARBON FARMING INITIATIVE at www.climatechange.gov.au/cfi :- “The CFI is a carbon offsets scheme that is part of Australia’s carbon market. Legislation to underpin the CFI was passed by Parliament on 23 August 2011. On 15 September 2011 the Carbon Credits (Carbon Farming Initiative) 2011 (CFI Act) received royal assent.“
Carbon Farming Initiative : CFI Administrator (Australian Government)
- Forests, trees and people programme FAO – and FAO Forestry Information
- Gondwana Rainforests of Australia – UNESCO World Heritage Centre
- Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research _ ACIAR
- World Agroforestry Centre – resources, publications, resources
- The Nature Conservancy – Protecting Nature, Preserving Life
- Agronomy for Sustainable Development Journal – an International Journal on Agriculture and Environment
- Forest Stewardship Council – represented in over 50 Countries, the FSC offers a certification scheme and promotion for Forestry Stewardship Practices that encompass sound environmentally sustainable practices.
- European Journal of Agronomy – Article:”A Framework for Stimulating Agroforestry Options for the Low Rainfall Areas of Australia using APSIM”
- Forest Protection Portal-forests.org/
- Rainforest Portal – rainforestportal.org/
- Tree Databases – at World Agroforestry Centre –
- European and Global Agroforestree Database
- Tree – wikipedia
- David Pannell – Home Page – Resource Articles and Discussions on economics, science, environment, natural resource management, politics, people & agriculture. David pannell’s website has a rich and varied source of well informed environmental resource papers and documents.
- Environmental benefits of agroforestry through government policy – David J Pannell
- The Old Growth Forests – search for info at : Western Australian Forest Alliance Educational resources
- Australian Forests -” The National Forestry Education and Awareness Network reports to the Federal Government and consists of the State- based forest educators involved in the development and delivery of teaching and learning programs and resources for teachers and students. ” Australian Forests, sustainability, industries, management, education
- Australian Government Forestry Home – DAFF
- Forest Stewardship Council – Australia – promoting ” environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial, and economically viable management of the world’s forests“
- Australian Rainforest Conservation Society
- Australian Journal of Experimental Agriculture CSIRO
- Australian Government Rural Industries Research & Development Corporation
- Agroforestry and Farm Forestry at RIRDC
- Australian Regional Forest Agreements – Homepage
- Pandora – Australia’s Web archive : Agroforestry & farm trees research reports
- Farm Forest Line : Australian Forest Growers & Melbourne University School of Resource Management & Energy Strategies Free Information Service
- Environment East Gippsland ‘s FORESTRY, anti logging and environmental links page. This website has some excellent resources, and the group is well worth sponsoring by donation to their causes.
- Private Native Forestry PVP’s (Property Vegetation Plans)
New South Wales & Queensland Regional Agroforestry & Farm Forestry Links
- The NSW Good Wood Guide
- Flora of Mt Warning SEARCH at bluecray Advocacy Links Customised Search
- Loss of Hollow-Bearing Trees, a Key Threatening Process in NE NSW
- Private Land Conservation including BIOBANKING explained- try searching at EDO NSW Fact Sheets .
- IMPACT : a national Journal of Environmental LAW
- Private Native Forestry in NSW at DECC (NSW Dept. Environment, Climate Change & Water), including the Field Guide for Northern NSW.
- The forgotten forests : the environmental regulation of forestry on private land in New South Wales between 1997 and 2002 : James Prest Prest, James, The forgotten forests : the environmental regulation of forestry on private land in New South Wales between 1997 and 2002, PhD thesis, Centre for Natural Resources Law and Policy, University of Wollongong, 2003. http://ro.uow.edu.au/theses/413
- Evolution and Development of a Code for Private Native Forestry in New South Wales, Australia. J. Doland Nichols. From the issue entitled “Policy and Conflict in Private Native Forestry in New South Wales” (Small-Scale Forestry Volume 6, Number 2, 127-140, DOI: 10.1007/s11842-007-9018-y) , published 2007
- NE NSW Regional Forest Agreements
- SE Qld Regional Forest Agreements
- Subtropical Farm Forestry Association – and their LINKS page
- Native Vegetation Management in NSW
- “Native Vegetation Management in Queensland”:- Stories of managing native vegetation on their properties to aid sustainable production now and in the future, and maintain native vegetation in good condition to provide habitat for native wildlife – THIS LINK DISAPPEARED but try searching at: Qld Department of Environment and Research Management –
- Native Vegetation Regional Service Delivery – as of MAY 2003 (Greening Australia – cannot find this now)
- University of Qld, Australia – FOOD and AGRICULTURE –
- Society for Growing Australian Plants, Queensland Region Inc. – Native Nurseries Links
- Bushland Friendly Nursery Scheme – Nurseries registered as not growing/ selling environmental weeds at the NSW North Coast Weeds Advisory Committee
- Florabank – seed supplies, information – Florabank is an initiative of the Australian Government, funded by the Natural Heritage Trust and delivered by Greening Australia and CSIRO.
- Greening Australia Seed and Nursery Services by Australian State
- Greening Australia Publications Library & Technical Resources -including SEARCH of Florabank – if you are searching for NATIVE SEED
- nature.net.au :- australian forest forum
- Burringbar Rainforest Nursery – a photoset on Flickr
- The Organic Federation of Australia
- “Balance of Faeries” bluecray blog article advocating Australia wide Regional BIODIVERSE Forestry industry development