- 0.1 ##Australian Centre for Cultural Environmental Research – “The Australian Centre for Cultural Environmental Research (AUSCCER) is an exciting new research initiative commencing in 2009, funded by the University of Wollongong and the Australian Research Council (ARC).“##
- 1 educational
- 2 Below are blank freehand drawn MAPS of Australia that you can use freely for educational purposes. Feel free to download these blank maps of Australia
- Indigenous Education in a Changing World : Monash University, Victoria, Australia
- The ACE Study – “Bridging the gap between childhood trauma and negative consequences later in life” Adverse Childhood Experiences Study & Score
- Education:- an etymological history :( http://www.babeled.com/2008/11/27/word-power-education/)
- “Grow your own food” – Permaculture, simple easy lifestyle gardening
- United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (UNDESD) activities – Setting the Stage for a strategic research agenda for UNDESD by Peter Woods (DEH – Australian Government 2006): “At the end of the Decade the Australian community will have the understanding, knowledge, skills and capacity to achieve a sustainable future, and will embrace the intrinsic value of sustainability as a national aspiration.”
- World Land Trust –
- David Attenborough and the Human Population .
- Michael Reynolds and Earthship Biotecture Green Buildings and Garbage Warrior , a film by Oliver Hodge
- Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies (AIATSIS) : Aboriginal Studies Press, Library, Research, Audiovisual Library, Weblinks, News
- KANGAROO FOOTPRINTS – an educational book for children ages 7-12. Website includes History of Australian Macropods, distribution, identification and THREATS to Macropods . Australian wildlife advocacy links are given.
- Pictures of Australian Wildlife at Billinudgel.com – here are some beautiful photos of Koalas, Brown Tree Frog, Emerald-spotted Tree Frog, Lace Monitor, Major Skink, Land Mullet, Echidna, Superb Fruit Dove
- ozcoasts.org.au – providing “comprehensive information about Australia’s coast, including its estuaries, coastal waterways and climate change impact“.
- Negotiating Diversity – A Field Guide to the Convention on Biological Diversity – and REFERENCES .
- ACARA (The Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority) : and their Education Links Page .
- **ARIES – Australian Research Institute in Education for Sustainability + ARIES EfS PORTAL (Education for Sustainability)
- Men of the Trees QLD and Men of the Trees NSW
- International Tree Foundation ( UK) & Dr Richard St Barbe Baker
- The Old Growth Forests : Western Australian Forest Alliance Educational resources
- search for Aboriginal (Indigenous peoples) research literature for the North Coast of NSW at the Libraries Australia Search .
##Australian Centre for Cultural Environmental Research – “The Australian Centre for Cultural Environmental Research (AUSCCER) is an exciting new research initiative commencing in 2009, funded by the University of Wollongong and the Australian Research Council (ARC).“##
- Australian School Innovation in Science, Technology and Science (ASSISTM)- can no longer find this link
- Australian Association for Environmental Educators Inc. – including references and links for Environmental Education Networks, Innovations, Initiatives, Curriculum, Partnership Programs
- 2003 Curriculum Review of Environmental Education : Curriculum Corporation for Environment Australia, 2003, Australian Government
- Environmental Education in NSW Learning for Sustainability 2007-2010 : A downloadable PDF. Plus NSW Council on Environmental Education created via the Protection of the Environment Administration Act 1991, they advise the NSW Government on strategic directions for environmental education.and their vision: “Effective and integrated environmental education which builds the capacity of the people of NSW to be informed and active participants in moving society towards sustainability.” from their webpage (at NSW Department of Environment, Climate Change & Water)
- Social Sustainability Education : Sustainable South East Queensland PORTAL (maintained by QUT) – link has disappeared
- Environmental & Sustainability Education NSW
- Sustainability Education in Australia . (Australian Government)
- Sustainability Education Publications in Australia .(Australian Government)
- Australian Wildlife Protection Council – and sample grades 3-6 (Australian ) Environmental Education “Wildlife Awareness Program” with assignment, syllabus plans, references and resources
- Australia’s World Heritage Places Education Program (launched May 21st 2010 ) – designed for students from grades five to 10 , it is “supported by a comprehensive set of lesson and activity plans, notes for teachers, informative fact sheets and curriculum links that enable teachers to use the program within their states curriculum” (Garrett media release)
- Early Childhood Australia Inc. with links to different State branches, includes QLD and NSW. Including Early Childhood Environmental Education Network NSW .
- Arktel the Planet Only Children Could Save – A beautiful book of how to empower youth to save the earth. Reading resource encouraging and inspiring children to be active in healing the planet. Links to what children are doing right now to help our planet.
- Rural Practice Change – some food for thought –this site contains “insights and lessons from research into adoption of new practices by farmers and other rural landholders.”
- Land and Water – the Rights Interface (ISBN 92-5-105214-X
ISSN 1014-6679) at FAO Corporate document Repository
- Australian National Herbarium
- Australian Plant Name Index : APNI
- National Library of Australia
- Australian National Insect Collection (ANIC)
- Australian Digital Thesis Program
- National research priorities
- State of the environment reporting themes Biodiversity
- The Australian Academic and Research Library Network (AARLIN) :Library Service for the 21st Century – La Trobe Uni
- AARLIN : about; publications, events – Australian Research Council (ARC) & Commonwealth Department of Education, Science & Training (DEST) funded project
- Australian Science teachers Association – promoting Science teaching, this site has educational resources for Science learning for all ages, including a “2010 Resource WEB.pdf” that is a resource book of ideas for teachers – Australian Biodiversity – 2010.
- Australian Student Environment Network – National Student Network of Campus Environment Collectives
- The Change Agency – Training Resources, Workshops, Calendar of Events, eNews
- Using English – large collection of Enlish as a Second Language (ESL) tools and resources for teachers, students, learners & academic . Simple, clear letter writing
- Wildlife Preservation Society of Australia – Schools Projects
- The RIC NSW Good Wood Guide
David Pannell – Home Page – Resource Articles and Discussions on economics, science, environment, natural resource management, politics, people & agriculture. David pannell’s website has a rich and varied source of well informed environmental resource papers and documents
Steve Keen’s Debtwatch at debtdeflation.com : including monthly reports on debt levels in Australia and USA. In his book “Debunking Economics,” ” Steve let the general public in on a little-known secret: that many widely believed economic models have been shown by economists to be wrong—hence the subtitle to his book, “the naked emperor of the social sciences”.”
Stu’s Edu Web : view a MS PowerPoint slideshow (360KB) all about Student-Centred Intranets and why your school should have one available to schools in NSW Australia – download EduWeb 2009
Australian Forests -” The National Forestry Education and Awareness Network reports to the Federal Government and consists of the State- based forest educators involved in the development and delivery of teaching and learning programs and resources for teachers and students. ” Australian Forests, sustainability, industries, management, education
Mayfield Lab Plant Ecology and Conservation : community ecology and the conservation of plant and insect communities in human altered environments – University of Queensland : including publications on Community Ecology Theory and Species, Functional Diversity of Human-altered Landscapes, Evolutionary Ecology and Conservation Biology and Papers on Pollination as an Ecosystem Service
Education Network Australia : Resources and Networks for Learning & Teaching
OurCoolSchool – for teachers and students
The Book Garden – books for children, parents, teachers, including Poetry and Nursery Rhymes . Browse their other Categories.HERE .
Margaret Warner’s wildlife resources, books, educational resources
enchantedlearning.com – curriculum material online
NSW DEPARTMENT for EDUCATION and TRAINING :- Curriculum Support .
“Cross – Cultural Environmental Education and the evolution of Australia’s Cultural Policy” article by al at bluecray November 2009
EARTH PORTAL : Biodiversity, Climate Change, Energy, Environmental Health, Globalisation, Marine Health, Pollution, Water
Australian Government RIRDC – Environmental and commercial outcomes through agroforestry – Policy and investment options
- Geoscience Australia – Geoscience Basics – Australian through time, land tenure, dimensions, landforms
- Australian Landforms – ” A web based activity for exploring the formation of the Australian Landscape
Permaforest Trust – Centre for Sustainability Education : sustainability education, networking, resources for ecological, cultural and personal lower carbon future and much more
PESA : Philosopy of Education Society of Australasia : their purpose – “advance educational research, policy, and practice” and Educational Philosophy and Theory – Journal . Also, check out their page for their conferences and papers.
School of Journalism & Communications, University of Queensland : Dr Kitty van Vuuren’s page, with a list of some of her highly informative articles on community & communications.
Arran Gare at wiki
Tara Bennett-Goleman – Emotional Alchemy – her insights into how to “break the chain” of dependence on our emotional habits that no longer serve us. Worth taking a good look at.
- Weed Identification – IBRA – SE Qld
- Weed Identification – IBRA – NSW North Coast
- Cooperative Research Centre for Australian Weed Management (Weeds CRC) – what does your garden grow (link disappeared)
- An Australian Weeds Committee National Initiative : National Portal -at weeds.org.au – a “one stop shop” for much of the National and State Government Weed
- Weeds in NSW – Weed Related Resources Weed Definitions at the NSW Department of Primary Industries and Weeds of National Significance (Lantana is one of these)Lantana camara : Fact sheet (NSW)Review of the declaration of Lantana species in NSW – this is a PDF file – lengthy, but worth reading if you wish to understand more about Lantana as a weed species. In Appendix 1, it carries a description of it’s weed status throughout the States of Australia.NSW Government – implementing the Lantana Plan : some research for the Plan : the Plan to reduce the impact of Lantana on Biodiversity Lantana(link gone?) at Richmond Landcare June 2008 Vol2 Issue 2Lantana camara SE QLD at bluecray Regional Environmental News – Mt Warning Caldera , also the search results for Lantana camara and fauna at the same search engine.Lantana camara- Weeds of National Significance 2001 Australian Govt. Invasive Terrestrial Plants : EPA Queensland – State of the Environment Reporting (this link has either changed or gone); July 2009 – 10th Qld Weed Symposium CRC for Australian Weed Management – WEEDS – National – site no longer updated after sept 2008 An Australian Weeds Committee National Initiative : National Portal -at weeds.org.au – a “one stop shop” for much of the National and State Government Weed Australian Plants Online – Society for Growing Australian Plants ONLINE Magazine
- http://www.wsq.org.au/ – the Weed Society of Queensland
eRA : e Research Archive – online Queensland Primary Industries and Fisheries archive of scientific and research publications
HotRock: i had to change this link, but this is what the old site said:- “Australian-based charitable organisation helping secondary schools to deliver sustainability education….. formed in 2007 with the clear purpose of educating our youth for a sustainable future“. The new link http://www.thehotrock.org.au/ , i presume is for the same HotRock
SustainableInsight.com.au – a “green living bookstore”
Global – The Cloud Institute for Sustainability Education – Play the sustainability GAME
A YEAR ON THE WING – an online documentary _ LEARNING & DOING – this page at ABC.net.au is no longer there
AMOS – Sydney – link now gone – it was a maths link at the University of NSW .
Australian Moth Larvae – this link was via the University of Technology SYDNEY , but it appears to have gone or moved
CERES : Centre for Education and Research in Environmental Strategies – Melbourne, Australia
Crayfish – at the Australian Museum – but now i cannot find the link. Perhaps you can, if you search their site.
“Curriculum Framework – Overarching Learning Outcomes” and “Curriculum Framework – Overarching Statement – Links Across the Curriculum”- these 2 links were originally at what is now the Western Australian Government’s Curriculum Council –
Discovery & Learning
Driving you Wild!
“Guidelines for engaging in the commercial production of industrial hemp in Queensland” – this was at the DPI QLD (Qld Govt Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries website – but it is now denied or moved
INTBAU (International Network for Traditional Building, architecture and Urbanism)
LandcareOnline – Community, corporates, government working together for a sustainable environme
The Science Art Website – situated in UKI, Mt Warning Caldera Region, NSW – PAGE no longer there
NSW Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water : Summaries of Legislation (ACTS) that the Department operates under
Waste Minimisation Education Factsheets – these were at http://cleanaway.com.au/
School of Biological Sciences at the University of Queensland
Museum Magnet Schools – Museum & Technology Educational Resources
Australian Wildife Book list – reading for Young Children (list accompanying the “What’s for Lunch” exhibition) – prepared by the library staff at the Australian National Botanic Gardens.
http://www.skepticalscience.com/ – “The goal of Skeptical Science is to explain what peer reviewed science has to say about global warming……….Skeptical Science is maintained by John Cook, the Climate Communication Fellow for the Global Change Institute at the University of Queensland”.
TAGS Inc. Australia – The Paralysis Tick of Australia – this website seems to disappeared
Teaching Approaches : Environmental Sudies at Antioch University USA
The Well Trained Activist‘s article “Can Corporate Leadership Theorists Help Activists?” – This is a great website full of great inspiration.
tweedcan.org.au :- “Tweed Climate Action Now (Tweed CAN) was created by residents of the Tweed Shire, in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Australia in 2006. We aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions through local action.”
tweed council – Much information for local environmental issues can be found via your LOCAL COUNCIL WEBPAGE –
Tweed Heads Music Land :- if you want to buy quality musical items or instruments – with friendly advice and great service, I have found that the service from Tweed Heads Music Land is reliable and extremely helpful.
View Threat Summary Table – citrus (pathogens) – this was at Plant Health Australia . remember, to practice “BIOSECURITY”, it is important to always consider INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT as the PRIME APPROACH.
Water Planning Tools for Australian Water and Catchment Management. Project Team – Griffith University, CSIRO, Sunshine Coast University and Charles Sturt University & Partnership -National Water Commission and Land & Water Australia. (Land & Water Australia is managing the project on behalf of the partners.)
Weeds CRC – this website appears to not be there anymore, but try searching for “Weeds cooperative research”
What Scat is that? – nature feature article at ABC , showing some Australian marsupial scat images, and explaining why recognising native fauna scat can help us understand how and where our Australian marsupials live.
Australian Fauna Scat:- “Tracks, Scats and Other Traces A Field guide to Australian Mammals” – book by Barbara Triggs ( ISBN: 9780195550993)
University of Queensland, Australia – The School of Natural and Rural Systems Management & University of Qld, Australia – Small-scale Forest Economics, Management and Policy – these links are now gone – try searching the University of Queensland
What can I do_ – Find a facilitator – this link also gone, but perhaps you can find it at the “Caring for our Country” website.
Waste, Water, Weather, Worms, Poo, and POW! – webpage gone
Planetkids.biz – environmentally educating resources for schools & libraries
Treelovers – Mt Warning Caldera
Rufous Bettong links:
at bluecray Balance of Faeries
at Bluecray Journey for Wisdom in the Land
- Australian Heritage – homepage –
- Royal Australian Historical Society – homepage – encouraging the study of Australian History
- Richmond River Historical Society – homepage
- Murwillumbah Historical Society Inc – homepage (Tweed River Historical Society before 2004) – this webpage now gone, but try this link :- Tweed Heads Historical Society